Chocolate Cake Recipes
For You To Make
How easy are Chocolate Cake Recipes to make? The answer is very easy. Chocolate is still the most popular flavor for birthday and celebration cakes, and is adored by most, especially at party time.
So, why do we buy cakes, when they are so easy to make? Well, alot of this is down to time. Many of us are simply too busy to make and decorate a birthday cake. But if you have got the time, it is defintely worth the effort. Homemade cakes are simply delicious.
Classic Chocolate Cake
This birthday cake recipe makes one 8inch layer, round or square cake. For a 9 inch cake, make 1 ½ times the mixture:
- 4 oz (125g) butter
- 6 oz (185g) sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 ½ oz (185g) flour
- 1 ½ oz (45g) cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 4 fl oz (125ml) milk (125ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Put the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy
- Beat in the vanilla essence
- Add the eggs, a little at a time. Beat until light and fluffy
- Fold in the half the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
- Fold in half the milk
- Fold in the rest of the flour, followed by the last of the milk
- Place into the greased and floured baking pans
- Bake at 350C (180F) for about 20 minutes for the layer cake, or 45 minutes for a square or round cake. The cake is ready when it is golden brown, and springs back when pressed lightly in the middle.
Increase the cooking times by about 5 to 10 minutes for a 9 inch cake.
Go to top of page
Return from Chocolate Cake Recipes to Birthday Cake Recipes